Job Title: Royalty Accounting Analyst
Reports to: Royalty Accounting Director
Location: TSJ, Los Angeles (West Wood Office)
Thomas St John Group is the leading international business management firm for artists, entertainers, and sports personalities. We are accountants, lawyers, taxation specialists, business coaches, and much more. We are worldwide with current offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Netherlands, and Sweden.
Providing clear solutions to complex problems, delivering expert international accounting, managing money with absolute integrity, resolving the trickiest tax situations – that is where our talents lie, and what we are passionate about. We think about the bigger picture, and we use our expertise to deliver more value to our clients, providing them better support than anyone else can.
That clarity makes the industry better. It helps our clients be better at what they do and do it for longer. That is what makes us Thomas St John Group.
The Royalty Accounting Analyst will work with the Business Management team in a highly collaborative environment to add value to our client engagements by providing support and expertise in all areas of royalty administration, including but not limited to, publishing, record label, licensing, copyright and title registration. The Royalty Accounting Analyst shall also provide support by performing simple accounting tasks and financial analysis.
- Assist the Business Management team with income tracking
- Perform detailed analyses to ensure completeness and accuracy of client revenue streams
- Conduct thorough review and interpretation of contract terms
- Liaise with internal and external point of contact
- Interact with clients and their professional teams through written and verbal communication
- Prepare required reports such as: profit participation statements (artist, producer, and publisher), mechanical statement, income allocation schedules, etc.
- Prepare presentations and presentation materials relevant to client meetings
- Field internal and external licensing and royalty inquiries in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage ad-hoc requests from both internal and external contacts
- Maintain and organize all documents within document management system
- Performs other function
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Music Business Management, or similar fields
- Possess an understanding of simple to complex accounting principles
- Excitement for the music business and music royalties (industry experience is a requirement)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications preferably with experience in complex Excel modelling
- General understanding and experience of Microsoft Power BI (recommended but not required)
- Working knowledge of SR1, CCH, QBO, Tipalti or Kanbanize systems a plus
- Ability to execute and produce complete, accurate, and timely deliverables
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and analytical thinker
- Must possess excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- An eagerness to learn new skills and concepts
- Ability to execute and operate in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment